miércoles, 6 de febrero de 2013

Chibi Japan Weekend: Interview with Calssara, cosplayer

Aya Nastume from "Tenjo Tenge" . By  black---butterfly

On Saturday, Chibi Japan Weekend will start in Madrid, and it will be focused on cosplay, for this reason, some days ago, we interviewed Calssara, one of the most famous cosplayers.


- How did you start doing cosplay?

I think like nearly everyone started it. I went to a convention, saw many people in costumes and just wanted to try that out as well. So I sewed my first costume by hand one year later. Then I found nice friends and kept on making costumes with friends.



- Which was the most difficult one? And the easiest?

Most difficult: Saber (Fate/Stay Night) / easiest: Mugi (K-ON)



- You have participated in the WCS, how do you prepare yourself for these events?

LOONG months of hard work on costumes and performance! Start early with everything and still you will be stressed out before the event like hell XD



- Which are your future projects?

I plan a lot of costumes with my friends <3! But After the Japan Weekend the first thing I’ll sew will be Kougyoku from Magi to wear it together with Elffi as Sinbad in Italy :3



- How would you encourage people to start doing cosplay?

Cosplay is a very social hobby and it makes a lot of fun <3! Just try it out! You will find many new friends and you learn new skills every time.

Shinku and Suiginto from "Rozen Maiden". By  NiklasLiebig


- What does it mean for you to be a cosplayer?

It’s just my hobby and it helped me to find some special people <3.



- You have been a judge in many competitions, what are the qualities a perfect cosplayer should have?

The complete packet is important. Your costume needs to be neat with good fabric choices and you need to look faithful to the reference you use. The performance needs to be understandable also for people who do not know the series. And it just needs to be entertaining and fitting to the character and the series :3!



- How do you start to create a cosplay?

With collecting many reference pictures of my characters outfit ;D. After that, searching the materials.



- What does it mean to you to be a model in cosplay world?

I don’t see myself as a model. I’m a sewer and a crafter who is wearing her own costumes also on shootings to present my work. Pure models are for me only the people who wear the clothes on pictures. I am an artist, not a model :3.

Esther Blanchett from "Trinity Blood". By CatoKusanagi



To see more pictures you can visit these websites:

 http://facebook.com/calssara.cosplay

Don't use the pictures without the permission of the owner.

Versión en Castellano


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario